The MABC Missions Committee, working with Mount Pleasant Baptist Church, is happy to announce that our two congregations are serving as a “Community Partner in Education” with Clarke Middle School.
As a team, we will help CMS out in several ways...
1. School Uniforms: Our two congregations will maintain and stock the school’s “Uniform” pantry. They currently have an abundance of pants, shorts and skirts. They urgently need: short-sleved polo shirts, adult sizes small, large and extra large. Colors must be white, blue or navy. (Donna McEwan and Akinloye Ojo are our contact people for this)
2. Food2Kids: Our two congregations will make sure that every child at CMS is able to participate in the Food2Kids weekend food program. In August and September, we are collecting Peanut Butter. (Jan Bell and Deidra Jones are our contact people for this)
3. School supplies: At the beginning of the school year, CMS requests #2 pencils, ink pens and composition books (no spiral notebooks). We take up a collection of these items and deliver them to the school during the first month of the school year. These items might change from year to year, depending on their needs, but we do what we can, when we can to support them.
4. Personal hygiene items: If you would like to make a financial gift, that will allow the school counselor to purchase individual hygiene items to be kept in each classroom. For more information about how you can help with this, please contact the church office.
5. Prayers: Middle School is a wonderful time and where most of our children grow, mentally, physically, and emotionally. This means it can also be a challenging time for them and the faculty and staff who are trying to help guide them through it. Please keep them in your prayers.